Tropical Smoothie Bowl

It's H-O-T and I'm in the mood for something to cool me down.  Smoothies are one of my favorite things when the weather gets hot out because they are so tasty and refreshing.  I already shared with you my go-to berry smoothie, but another one of my favorites is a tropical smoothie with pineapple and mango.  Trader Joe's has bags of frozen pineapple and mango that I usually stock up on this time of year. Having a tropical smoothie is a great way to mentally transport yourself to paradise.  I ate mine while sitting on my daybed on my balcony and even though we're in quarantine, it was a great way to start my day.


I added spinach to my smoothie bowl, so it does kind of look like guacamole, but I swear it's not!  It's still plenty sweet and you don't even know the spinach is there other than the color.


Ingredients:
1 banana
1/2 cup toasted coconut almond milk
1 large handful spinach
1/2 cup frozen pineapple
3/4 cup frozen mango

Optional: toasted coconut for topping

Instructions:

Add the banana, almond milk and spinach to the blender.  Top with frozen fruit and blend until fully combined.

I always add the soft ingredients on the bottom of the blender because it makes the process easier.


The final result is a super tasty and filling bowl of tastiness.  



Comments

Popular Posts