Beet & Berry Salad

I love a good salad.  You might assume I'm joking, but I'm dead serious.  When I was younger, I was a really picky eater and I once ordered a Cesar salad & side of bacon for breakfast at a restaurant.  So when I say that I love a good salad, you know I mean it, because what kid in their right mind orders a salad for breakfast?  I also learned to add fruits to my salads from my grandma.  We used to make salads together with strawberries and blueberries in them, so this salad is dedicated to her.

To balance out the sweetness of the berries, this salad has earthy beets and salty sunflower seeds.  I also love to top my salads with proteins, so not pictured is the cast-iron skirt steak I added on top of this salad.  The only thing that would make this salad better would be avocado (because isn't everything better with avocado?)


So I share with you a very basic beet and berry salad that I love.  I add this recipe into my typical lunch-time rotation and so should you!

Total Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 2

Ingredients:
4 cups mixed greens
3 medium sized cooked & peeled beets
1/2 cup strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries
2 tbs sunflower seeds
balsamic vinaigrette of your choice

Optional: Avocado and steak for topping

Instructions:
  1. Add your mixed greens to a large mixing bowl.
  2. Chop your cooked beets and strawberries into bite-sized pieces (about 1/2 inch).
  3. Top your greens with beets, berries, and sunflower seeds.
  4. Toss with light balsamic vinaigrette and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts