Protein-Packed Breakfast

Okay, so I’m going to let you guys in on a secret of mine. I eat the same breakfast almost every single day and I never get sick of it!

A few years ago I started making overnight oats as an easy breakfast to bring into work and things have never been the same since. I know what you’re thinking - it’s only breakfast, can it really make that big of a difference?  The answer is yes! I’ve always been a breakfast person. I can’t start my day until I’ve eaten something and if I don’t eat a proper breakfast, I find myself hungry an hour later.




So here’s my overnight oats secret: I use cookies & cream protein powder to sweeten the oats without adding any sugar! Overnight oats are also a great way to add other supplements into your diet. I’ve been adding Collagen Peptides unflavored powder ($28 on Amazon) to my overnight oats for about 6 months now and I’ve noticed a big difference in my skin. I recently also started adding Moon Juice Lucuma Beauty Berry Powder ($20 at Nordstrom) and it adds a slightly sweet, berry flavor to the oats.

I typically top my oats with blueberries or blackberries, but the possibilities are endless. I’ve also added goji berries, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanut butter, strawberries, banana, honey, you name it!  My preference for blueberries and blackberries stems from laziness and simplicity. Since you’re not cutting into the berries, you can make a week’s work of overnight oats at once and top them with the berries. If you opt for a fruit like strawberries and cut them up to top your oats, wait to add them until you’re ready to eat. If you don’t, they will at start to get mushy and won’t stay as fresh.

So now that I've got you convinced that you're going to make overnight oats, here's my recipe:

Prep time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1

Recipe:

1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup unflavored Greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
1/2 scoop Optimum Nutrition Cookies & Cream Protein Powder
1 scoop Collagen Peptides powder
1 tsp Moon Juice Lucuma Beauty Berry Powder
1/2 cup berries (blue or black)


  1. Grab a mason jar or similar airtight container and add in your oats
  2. Top oats with supplements of choice
  3. Add Greek yogurt
  4. Add almond milk
  5. Stir until combined
  6. Top with berries
  7. Enjoy!
Protein breakdown:

Oats - 5g
Protein Powder - 12g
Collagen Powder - 10g
Greek Yogurt - 6g

Total - 33 grams of protein


Tip: Again, I typically make a week's worth of these at a time, so I line up my mason jars and knock it all out at once.



My mix of supplements:



Other ingredients: Almond milk & Greek yogurt
I always go for the unsweetened and unflavored variety because I get enough sweetness and flavor from the addition of the supplements and berries.


One it's all mixed together, it takes on a slightly pink-ish hue from the lucuma powder.



What's your breakfast secret? I'd love to hear about how you start your day on the right foot!

Comments

Popular Posts