C&M Cafe

The local business we chose to support this Saturday is by far our favorite breakfast spot.  When I first discovered C&M cafe, I found them (on Yelp I think) and was immediately intrigued by their B.A.M! Sandwich.  It's a cinnamon roll French toast sandwich with egg, bacon, sausage, cream cheese, and maple syrup on the side.  Yup, you heard that right.  The bread for this sandwich is cinnamon roll French toast. 🤤

Now I'll be honest, I've never actually had the B.A.M! Sandwich, but that was enough to intrigue me.  The first time I ate C&M I had their breakfast burger, which is called the Enjoy, Guys.  This breakfast burger has a beef patty, bacon, provolone, hash browns, fried egg, avocado, Dijon aioli and a brioche bun.  This is hands-down the beast breakfast burger I've ever had.  It has an amazing combination of flavors and textures with the addition of the creamy avocado and crispy hash browns. Believe it or not, as delicious as this burger is, it's not my go-to item from C&M.



My go-to order at C&M is the Pork Belly Burro.  What's better than pork belly in the morning?  Pork belly in a burrito with brown rice, cabbage, kale, fried egg, hash browns, chili aioli, salsa verde, and avocado.  It might sound weird to have cabbage & kale in a breakfast burrito, but I'm telling you guys, it works!  Ryan and I have introduced many of our friends to the pork belly burro and it never fails to please.  C&M has other good burritos, one with chorizo and one with duck, but the pork belly burro has won my heart.

The only problem with the burrito is that 1/2 never seems like enough and the whole burrito is way too much to eat.  Believe me, I've eaten the entire burrito in one sitting on multiple occasions, but it takes you out of commission for a few hours.  As much as you don't want to, the best way to eat this burrito is to eat 1/2 for breakfast and save the other 1/2 for lunch.  You just have to tell yourself that it's worth the wait.  Or don't and spend the rest of the day laying on the couch thinking about how full you are, but how totally worth it it was to eat the entire burrito at once.  If you're feeling extra saucy, add bacon to your burrito.  It definitely makes the burrito a little heavier, but it adds an extra salty and crispy dimension to the burrito which is pretty unbelievable.

I usually top my burrito with some Yellowbird Serrano hot sauce because it's a mild spice that goes great on eggs.  The serrano flavor of this hot sauce pairs really perfectly with the flavors of the burro and has a mild enough spice that you don't lose any of the deliciousness of the burrito.  I hate when things are so spicy you can't taste anything else, so this is a great hot sauce for any occasion.  Yellowbird also makes blue agave sriracha and jalapeno hot sauces that are amazing too.  But now I'm going on a tangent.

Not into breakfast burritos?  Well, I think this is where our journey ends because who doesn't like breakfast burritos??  But seriously, C&M is a full service cafe so they serve lots of different breakfast and lunch options and make a mean latte.  This little neighborhood cafe has never disappointed, it even got my parents' seal of approval.  So if you're in LA and looking for a little breakfast (all day, duh) or lunch , you definitely need to visit this place.

Comments

Popular Posts