Booty Burner Workout

Everybody loves a good butt.  What a weird thing to say, but it's totally true!  I'm not going to lie to you, this workout is HARD, but you'll feel so proud of yourself when you're done.  If you're not in decent shape/if you don't normally do any variety of these exercises already, I wouldn't recommend jumping into this routine.  This should be something you work up to.

I do the mat work with my 2.5 pound ankle weights, but the first time you go through this routine I would recommend skipping any added weights or bands.  I'm not going to lie, I do these exercises regularly but not in such an intense sequence and the first time I went through this routine I had to lose the ankle weights for part of the second set.

The biggest advice I have for you before you get started is:

  1. Warm up - make sure you do some cardio to warm your muscles up before you jump in.  You can even just march in place for a minute or two, but don't go into this workout cold.
  2. Stretch - before, during, and after.  I'm not kidding, if you don't stretch, you're going to hurt yourself, so please take the time to stretch.
  3. Take breaks - this workout took me 47 minutes to complete with frequent, small breaks.  Don't be afraid to take a second to breathe, stretch, and then get back into the swing of things.  Once your muscles start burning, that's when you're starting to build muscle and change your body.

Alright, now grab some water, put on your best workout playlist, and let's get into things!

1 count = right and left.  Any exercises with ** next to them means that you alternate legs, all other exercises are static, meaning you do one leg and then the other.

Total time: 45-50 minutes

20 crisscross lunges**
20 squat swimmers**
20 reverse lunges
30 squats
20 forward lunges
20 side lunges

50 lateral leg raises
50 leg circles - front then back
30 forward leg raises
30 interior leg raises
50 donkey kicks
50 peak contractions
20 fire hydrant kicks
20 bridge kicks**
20 bridge hip thrusts

Take a minute to breathe, stretch, and grab some water.  Repeat!

Steps 1-4 of mat work:


Steps 5-7 of mat work:


Steps 8-9 of mat work:


Did you do it?  Even if you just got through one set or part of one set, give yourself a pat on the back because you tried, and that's the first step!  If you weren't able to get through the entire routine, that's OKAY.  Again, this is an intense workout and is meant to be something you work up to.  It's hard for me too, but I feel amazing once I've gotten through the workout because I know I accomplished something hard.

How do you work out your booty?  What's your favorite butt exercise?  Comment below!

Comments

Popular Posts