Berry Smoothie

The weather is warming up and I'm getting in the mood to have some yummy smoothies.  For some reason, I only drink smoothies and juices that have greens in them.  It's a great way to pack in some major nutrients without even realizing it!  I think this propensity might have stemmed from my childhood.  When I was a kid, my brother hated eating vegetables, so my mom would have to get sneaky with how she worked them into recipes.  She even made this amazingly moist chocolate cake that had spinach in it. 😂

So thank you mom for helping me realize the importance of sneaking greens into recipes.  Even though I love my veggies, I've been feeling like I needed a little extra dose of nutrients, so I thought a smoothie was the best way to do this.  It's also a great way to add in any unflavored supplements you use.  I added Collagen Peptides Powder to my smoothie, but you could also add an unflavored protein powder, flax seed oil, or any other supplements you typically use!


I love to use frozen berries in my smoothies because I don't have to worry about them going bad and you don't need to add ice.  It's totally up to you if you want to use frozen or fresh berries.  Just know that when you freeze fruits and veggies, they don't lose their nutritional value (like they would if they were canned).  So there's no need to feel bad if you use frozen berries - you get the same nutritional value either way.

Servings: 1
Total time: 5 minutes

Ingredients:
1 cup spinach, loosely packed
1/2 cup fresh* or frozen berries
1 banana
1/4 cup almond milk

Optional: 1/4 cup granola for topping
1 scoop collagen powder

*if using fresh berries, add a few ice cubes until you reach the desired consistency

Instructions:

Add ingredients to the blender, softer ingredients first (this will help with the blending process).

Pour into a glass or a bowl and enjoy!



You really can't even tell there's spinach in this smoothie, so it would be a great way to trick your kids (or your husband) into having some greens.  This smoothie is so easy to make, there's really no excuse for not getting in your daily dose of fruits and veggies.

Comments

Popular Posts