Almond Flour Lemon Blueberry Bread

I am a planner.  My husband can tell you that when I've organized and put together a plan, I don't do well when those plans change.  Today as I'm writing this, it's the afternoon of June 1st 2020 and I have the entire month's worth of recipes planned out by day in an excel sheet.  June 2nd's post was going to be a non-traditional taco post for Taco Tuesday.  As I went about my day today, I found myself having difficulty focusing.  It's hard to go on with daily life knowing that outside my apartment, there are horrible, life-changing things happening. I couldn't just go on "business as usual," so how do I show up?  Do I take the week off posting?  Do I use my platform (albeit a small one at this point) to share resources?

One thing that continually comforts me when I'm down is food.  Food is a universal language.  We all need it, enjoy it, have our own way of preparing and eating it.  It's used to celebrate and to console.  Food is a language we all understand.  So I've decided to continue sharing recipes, but to pivot away from my plan (gasp) and share some comfort food recipes.  They may not make you feel good, but I hope they make you feel better.

For me, the ultimate comfort food is sweets.  I planned to make this lemon blueberry bread later in the week, but I couldn't think of any other way to spend my day other than baking.  


This bread is incredibly moist and delicious with a great almond and lemon flavor.  It's really more of a cake than a bread, but it really doesn't matter what you call it.  A warm piece of this bread will instantly make you feel just a little happier.

Total Time: 55 minutes
Servings: 1 loaf

Ingredients:
2 1/4 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
zest of 1 lemon
3 eggs
1/4 cup oil - canola or avocado
1/4 cup honey
3 tbs lemon juice
1/2 tsp almond extract
3/4 cup blueberries
2 tbs sliced almonds

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350° F.  Line a loaf pan with parchment paper or lightly cover with canola oil and set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, add almond flour, baking soda and salt.  Set aside.
  3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, oil, honey, lemon juice, almond extract and lemon zest.
  4. Pour dry ingredients into the large bowl with wet ingredients and stir just until ingredients are incorporated.  Fold in blueberries.
  5. Pour batter into loaf pan and top with sliced almonds.
  6. Bake for 20 minutes uncovered and then add foil for the last 20-25 minutes of baking.
  7. Allow to cool in pan before removing and slicing.


Comments

Popular Posts