Sheet Pan Veggies and Pasta

You're probably wondering how you make pasta on a sheet pan.  Well, I usually make this recipe with gnocchi and roast them off in the oven with the vegetables. Since I still have about 11 pounds of dried pasta left, I adapted this recipe to make with noodles instead.  So no, the pasta in these pictures are not cooked on a sheet pan, but the veggies are.  Again, this is one of my go-to recipes to make for work lunches.  It's a great way to pack a ton of veggies into one meal and a lightened-up way to eat pasta since there's no sauce.

I also usually cook the sausage on the sheet pan with my veggies so they get cooked in the sausage juices.  But my instacart shopper couldn't find cased sausage and swapped it out for de-cased sausage, so I had to cook the sausage in a separate pan.  So essentially what I made is a less-than-ideal version of the original recipe, but it's still really tasty.  I'll give you the real version in the recipe below because my favorite part about this recipe is that all you have to do is chop the vegetables, toss them with oil and seasoning, and then pop everything in the oven.


How tasty does this look?  Again, my husband is not big on pasta, but he loved this!  The best part of this recipe is that it's so easy and is great for meal prep.  If you're like me and have pounds of pasta and no gnocchi, swap out the gnocchi for any other type of pasta and it'll still taste great.

Total Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 3-5

Ingredients:
2 cups gnocchi or pasta of choice
1 lb sweet Italian sausage
3 bell peppers, roughly chopped
12 oz cherry or grape tomato
1 crown broccoli, chopped
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
2 tbs avocado oil (or olive oil)
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
Salt and pepper to taste
Optional: parmesan cheese

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400° F
  2. If using uncooked sausages, sear until about 50% cooked.  Once cooked, chop into bite-sized pieces.
  3. Chop vegetables and add to a large serving bowl.  Add gnocchi (if using) and toss with oil and herbs.
  4. Add vegetable/gnocchi mix and sausage to sheet pans and place in the oven.  If using another type of pasta, this is when you should get your water boiling and cook your pasta.
  5. Cook for veggies for 20-25 minutes, tossing 1/2 way through.
  6. Top your pasta with shaved parmesan and enjoy!

As I've mentioned before, I love doing mise en place, so I like to prep my veggies ahead of time to make the cooking process faster and easier.  You don't need to keep your veggies separate, but I usually do in the beginning.


You can combine all the vegetables on the sheet tray once you've tossed them in oil and herbs.


How pretty does this pasta look?  Of course I top mine with a generous heap of grated parmesan, but it's still great without it!


Comments

Popular Posts