Vegan Basil Walnut Pesto

Just about every pesto recipe I could find included parmesan cheese.  Why is it so hard to just leave the parmesan out of the pesto and top your pasta with it?  That way, anyone who's dairy free or vegan can still enjoy the pesto while those of us cheese eaters can dose ourselves accordingly.  Well, that's what I'm giving you here.  This is a super simple vegan basil & walnut based pesto that you'll absolutely love.

I usually buy a cashew based pesto from Trader Joe's, but in the name of making just about everything from scratch, I chose to make this pesto on my own.  You know what?  It's so easy, I think I'll probably keep making my own pesto once quarantine is over.



Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 5-6

Ingredients:
2 cups fresh basil leaves, tightly packed
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup walnuts
3 cloves garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
Salt & Pepper to taste

Instructions:

  1. Add the ingredients to a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined.
  2. Taste and season with salt & pepper.
  3. Toss with your favorite pasta and veggies and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts