Mom's Gluten-Free Almond Cake

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there!  This week, I'll be sharing with you all some recipes from my mom and my mother-in-law in honor of moms.  This first recipe is an original from my mom and it's absolutely delicious.  When I first started getting into baking, Ryan bought some almond flour because it was all he could find, but my mom said that it's better for sweets than savory baking.

My mom has been gluten free since I was a teenager, way before it was trendy.  So naturally, I asked her for the best way to use almond flour and she sent me this recipe she created.  This cake is so sweet and buttery and delicious.  It has an amazing almond flavor from the almond extract and a great crunch from the chopped almonds.  Oh, and it tastes amazing with salted caramel ice cream. 😍


Total Time: 45-50 minutes
Servings: 1 cake, 9 slices

Ingredients:
1 cup almonds, chopped finely
2 cups almond flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
12 cup almond milk
1/2 tsp almond extract

Instructions:

  1. Preheat oven to 350 F
  2. Mix dry ingredients in a large bowl.
  3. In a medium bowl, cream the butter and sugar.  Add eggs, almond milk, almond extract and stir until combined.
  4. Mix the wet mixture with the dry.
  5. Pour into a 9x9" greased baking pan.  Bake for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and firm.


This cake was so easy to make and turned out dangerously tasty.  I'll be honest, we had 3 slices last night when we made it.


I had a crazy idea after the first slice to pair it with some Coolhaus salted caramel ice cream that we had just gotten and it was amazing.  I would highly recommend this combination if you're a fan of the salty sweet flavor combination.


Thank you to my mom for sending me this recipe!

Comments

Popular Posts