Pink Protein Power Smoothie

Happy Friday everybody!  Can you believe another week has gone by already?  I'm ending this week with a blast of tastiness with this pink protein power smoothie.  This smoothie literally tastes like ice cream, but is way better for you.  When I was younger, I didn't like adding any type of dairy to my smoothies, but luckily I grew out of that because the almond milk in this smoothie makes it so creamy and delicious.

There's also nothing better than starting a hot day off with a cool smoothie.  The best part about this smoothie is that it's packed with nutrients and supplements!  Smoothies are such a great way to add supplements to your diet. I just got this great new variety pack of Moon Dust and I was really excited to start trying their supplements.  With this pink power smoothie I chose to add the beauty dust for an extra kick of beauty supplements.  I can't wait to try the rest of this variety pack; stay tuned to hear about the rest of these herbal supplements as I experiment with them!


I also love to add a little texture and something extra to top my smoothies, so I added some blueberries and some ground chia & flax seed powder.  It would also be great topped with with some delicious homemade granola.  I hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do!

Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1

Ingredients:
1 large banana
3/4 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup nut milk (I used almond)
1 scoop Moon Juice Lucuma Powder
1 packet Moon Juice Beauty Dust
1 scoop protein powder
1 scoop Collagen Peptides powder
1 tbs ground flax & chia seed powder 

Optional: Berries or granola for topping

Instructions:

Add ingredients to blender and blend until smooth.


Seriously, how pretty does this smoothie look?  And it tastes like strawberry ice cream.  I enjoyed mine for breakfast, but you could totally have it as an after dinner sweet treat.




Don't ask me why, but there's something about the color of this smoothie that just makes me smile.  I'll be honest, I went through my bag of frozen mixed berries and pulled out the strawberries and raspberries just to get a smoothie this color, but it was 100% worth it.  The flavor of the smoothie also totally changes without the addition of the blueberries and blackberries.  Sometimes simplicity is key and I think this smoothie (minus the supplements) shows just that.  Don't want to add any supplements?  You could totally make this smoothie with just strawberries, almond milk and a banana!  You'll still get all the flavor and a bowl full of nutrients.

Comments

Popular Posts