Roasted Veggie Bowls W/Creamy Cilantro Lime Sauce

I'm going to tell you something that you might not believe.  Sometimes I don't have the time or energy to make an elaborate meal (gasp) but I still want something delicious.  So what do I do?  One of the things I like to do is toss veggies on a sheet pan and roast them.  All you have to do is chop, season, and then let them cook, so it's a great weeknight recipe.  My favorite part about recipes like this is that the cleanup is minimal (score) and while the veggies are roasting, I can do something else (double score).  Now that I'm back at work, I don't have nearly as much free time as I used to, so I'll take an extra moment wherever and whenever I can get it.  This bowl is also great for meal prep because the ingredients keep well overnight.  So if you're getting back into the grind of things like me, this recipe should be one that you definitely try.

For this delicious roasted veggie bowl, I added some grilled chicken and creamy cilantro sauce.  This may look like a basic roasted veggie bowl, but the sauce totally takes it over the top.  I find that a lot of times dishes need a sauce to bring the ingredients together - something to harmonize the different flavors.  Not only does this sauce do that, but it's versatile and can be added to just about any veggie combo you want to make!


Ingredients:
1 head cauliflower
1 head broccoli
4 large carrots
1 1/2 lbs chicken breast thins
3 tbs olive oil
Salt & Pepper

For the Sauce:
1 cup cilantro
1/4 cup Greek yogurt
3 cloves garlic
1 tbs honey
juice of 2 limes
1/2 cup olive oil
1/8 tsp cumin
1/8 tsp red pepper flakes

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
  2. While the oven is preheating, chop the broccoli and cauliflower into florets.  Slice the carrots into 1/4 inch slices (I used a mandolin to achieve even slices).
  3. Toss the veggies in 2 tbs olive oil, salt & pepper.
  4. Roast for 15 minutes, toss, and roast for 15 more minutes.
  5. While the veggies are roasting, grill the chicken.  Coat with the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper generously.  Grill for about 5 minutes per side, depending on the size of the chicken breast thins.
  6. Add the ingredients for the sauce into a food processor and blend until smooth.  Taste and add salt & pepper according to taste.
  7. Plate your bowls with a mixture of each of the ingredients and drizzle sauce over the top.

I'm a big sauce person, so I added a generous amount to my bowls.


Yes, it's a simple recipe, but it's 100% tasty and healthy


Comments

Popular Posts