Very Cherry Smoothie Bowl

There's really nothing better on a hot day than a nice, cold & refreshing smoothie.  I've been getting really into smoothies and smoothie bowls recently. The best part is that there are so many different flavor combinations and they are SO easy, packed with flavor and full of nutrients.  It really doesn't get much better than that!

When I went to the store and saw the beautiful red cherries right out front, I knew it was time for a cherry smoothie bowl.  Sometimes I get a fancy berry mix (I think that's actually what it's called) from Trader Joe's that includes cherries, but this time I went for the fresh ones because they just looked so good.  If you don't have fresh cherries, you can make this recipe with frozen ones too.  It's actually easier to make with frozen cherries because you don't need to worry about de-pitting them, which can take some time.  I was determined to make this recipe though, so after cutting a few cherries I knew I had to keep going.



Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 large smoothie bowl

Ingredients:
1/4 cup fresh or frozen cherries
1/4 cup fresh strawberries
1/2 cup frozen berry mix
1/4 cup vanilla almond milk

Optional Toppings: fresh cherries, strawberries, almonds, chia or flax seeds

Instructions:
  1. If using fresh cherries, de-pit them and toss them in the blender.  Chop the tops off the strawberries and add them to the blender.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.

Comments

Popular Posts