Green Goddess Hummus

When I decided to make sourdough bread, I knew that I was going to need something to go along with it.  On the weekends, we usually have an afternoon snack and I thought making a green goddess hummus would be a delicious and healthy way to eat the fresh sourdough.  I'm on a kick with these hummus flavors and each one keeps turning out better than the last.  This one brings a great herbaceous punch from the parsley that's mellowed out a little by the addition of the spinach.  

The first time I had this hummus, I paired it with some avocado, heirloom tomato & arugula on toasted sourdough bread and it was divine.  It was a sandwich I just threw together with things I had in the fridge, but it was so good, I'm definitely going to have to make it again.  What made the sandwich was 100% the hummus.  Find out how to make it below!



Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings:

Ingredients:
1, 15 oz can of chickpeas
1/2 cup tahini
1 cup spinach
1/2 cup parsley
3 cloves garlic
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt to taste

Instructions:
  1. Boil the chickpeas in a medium pot of water for 10-15 minutes, until soft.
  2. Drain the chickpeas and add them to a food processor with tahini, garlic & lemon juice.  Blend until smooth.
  3. Add the spinach and parsley to the food processor and blend.
  4. Add salt to taste and allow to cool before enjoying.



Comments

Popular Posts