Focaccia W/Garlic, Rosemary & Tomatoes

It's been a little while since I've made fresh bread, so I figured it was about time to make some!  After my sourdough experience, I was kind of over the bread-making process, but still loving to eat fresh bread.  Luckily, focaccia is pretty quick and easy to make, so I knew this was they type of bread I was going to make.  I've seen focaccia with all different kinds of toppings, so I decided to make it with garlic, rosemary & cherry tomato.  While totally different than any other bread I've made before, this bread was totally delicious.  My husband said this was the best bread I've ever made, which is saying something since I've made a lot of bread!  I also swapped out half of the flour in the original recipe for whole wheat flour, which brought a great sweetness and nuttiness to the dough.  Pair that with salty, savory garlic and rosemary and you've got yourself a winner.  This bread is almost like a flatbread/pizza with all the flavors going on, but in the best way possible. 


Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: One large loaf

Ingredients:
4 cups flour (I used 2 cups bread flour & 2 cups whole wheat flour)
2 tsp yeast
2 tsp salt
2 cups warm water
3 tbs fresh rosemary, chopped
5 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
2 tbs olive oil

Instructions:
  1. Add the warm water and yeast to a large bowl.  Add flour and mix until thoroughly incorporated.
  2. Add 2 tbs rosemary, garlic & salt and mix until combined.
  3. Cover with a clean towel and allow to rise for 40 minutes in a warm area.
  4. While the dough is proofing, pre-heat the oven to 425° F.
  5. Spread the dough out on a greased baking sheet and poke dimples across the dough.  Drizzle olive oil over the dough and then add chopped tomatoes and rosemary.  Sprinkle the top of the dough with additional salt if desired.
  6. Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly browned on the edges.  Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes before enjoying.



Comments

Popular Posts