10 Minute Full Body HIIT Workout

 HIIT or High Intensity Interval Training is one of my favorite ways to get in cardio.  The other way is taking a long walk on the treadmill while reading a good book, but that's pretty self explanatory.  Since I have asthma, I can't go for a long jog or do high intensity cardio for an extended period of time.  Luckily with HIIT training, each movement only lasts a short time and you can work your whole body while keeping your heart rate up.  So for me, working really hard for 2-3 minutes and then taking a 30 second breather is just what I need to get in some great cardio.  There are a ton of different HIIT moves out there and you've probably done a few of them before.  Here I've given you a very basic 10-minute HIIT workout that works your whole body.  If you've never done HIIT training before, I suggest you try it out and see what you think!



10-Minute Full Body HIIT Routine:

Do each move 30 times:
  • Jumping Jacks
  • Squat Hops
  • Jump Rope
  • Burpees
  • Cross Body Punches
30 second rest, then repeat
  • Plank Jacks
  • Plank Hold
  • Mountain Climbers
  • Push Ups
30 second rest, then repeat.

Comments

Popular Posts