Slow Cooker Pumpkin Curry

 Even though it's been 80 degrees in LA, I've been craving fall recipes recently.  Does anything sound more fall than pumpkin curry?  Well, maybe pumpkin sweet potato curry.  I adapted this recipe from a basic curry recipe and added in a can of pumpkin puree and a chopped up sweet potato (because I had it on hand).  I tasted and tasted and added spices along the way and oh man, this was one of the best curries I've ever had.  It had a thick texture because the sweet potato pretty much completely broke down in the slow cooker, but I was 100% on board for the texture and flavor.  Serve with some jasmine rice and you've got a week's worth of dinner or lunch!  This was a great meal prep recipe that was easy to re-heat and enjoy time and time again.

My favorite part about this recipe?  It was SO easy! I chopped the chicken and sweet potato while on a work call and set the slow cooker while I was working.  All day, I smelled the delicious smell of curry and couldn't wait for it to be done.  When I finished work for the day, all I had to do was mix in the coconut milk & bell peppers and the curry was ready to go.  I love a recipe that comes together with little stress and packs a punch of flavor.  If that's something you're into as well, you need to try this recipe.


Total Time: 6 1/2 - 7 hours
Servings: 5

Ingredients:
1 can pumpkin puree
1 can coconut milk
4 cloves garlic, roughly minced
4 tbs curry paste
1 large sweet potato, cubed
1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, cubed
1 cup chicken stock
2-3 bell peppers, chopped
Salt & Pepper to taste
Optional: 1-2 tbs hot sauce (I like my curry hot, so I added 2 tbs)

Instructions:
  1. Add pumpkin, garlic, curry, sweet potato, chicken thighs, chicken stock, salt & pepper to a slow cooker and set to low.  Cook for 6 hours, stirring & seasoning occasionally.
  2. Add coconut milk and cook for 15 minutes.  Add the bell peppers and cook for an additional 15-25 minutes, until the bell peppers have reached the desired consistency.
  3. Serve over jasmine rice & enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts