Cafe Amandine

4 1/2 out of 5 stars

I've driven by Amandine about a hundred times before, but had never ventured inside.  After just one trip, however, this little bakery and restaurant is my favorite new breakfast spot.  If you enjoy breakfast or pastries, this place has to be at the top of your list!

Make sure you check out the outdoor patio when you visit, it is adorable.  Although there was some noise from construction down the block, the atmosphere on the patio was casual and relaxed.

I started with a chocolate filled croissant, which came out fresh and warm. I've never tasted a pastry quite this exquisite before. The outside was light and flaky while the inside was buttery and chocolatey. It truly was the perfect croissant. I can only imagine that the rest of the pastries are just as good.


For my main course, I ordered the Amandine omelette with avocado. With just one bite, I could tell that this was going I be an amazing experience. The gruyere cheese was both light and bold in a perfectly fluffy omelette.  The side of assorted fruit that came with the omelette was surprisingly fresh and ripe.  Typically, I do not expect sides of fruit to be anything special, but the strawberries on the side of the omelette were beautifully ripe. Even the orange slices were exceptional.

*Bunny latte for Easter

Since everything had tasted wonderful so far, I decided that I needed to try the side of bread as well. I don't typically eat white bread because it doesn't bring anything to the table, but this bread was exquisite. It was light, crispy, and naturally buttery. I devoured both pieces even though I was already full.  Overall, the cafe was adorable and served amazing food and coffee.  I can't wait to go back!


**Second time around**
I didn't think it was possible, but my omelet was even better this time!  The flavors of the ham and the gruyere were powerful and melded together beautifully.  The amandine omelet is definitely the best omelet I've ever had.

I also got a banana chocolate pastry that was absolutely to die for.  The flaky, buttery crust of the pastry was perfectly light and flavorful while the banana cream and melted chocolate added depth and complexity to the pastry.  The rich and creamy flavors of the banana and chocolate perfectly complements the light and flaky crust and the shaved almonds on top add just a little crunch!  I fell completely in love with this little pastry and can't wait to come back and get more.

Comments

Popular Posts